Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It Seems I've Struck a Nerve

There's been a relative flurry of commenting activity here in the last few days, and I think it's good reading. It seems as though I've said a few things that have created some resonance, and I have to say I've enjoyed the reaction.

Friends, (if I may still have the honour of using the term) let me make an appeal: Please keep it coming. This sort of debating is a healthy thing! You don't need to change my mind, and I don't care to change yours either. What's good about discussions like this is the exploration of the way we feel about the things that are important. We can build on our individual beliefs this way, and if we have opposing views on some things, that's fantastic! Where else can you interact with someone who disagrees with you in a polite arena?

It's too easy to become so rigid in your beliefs that you can't stand to hear opposing views from people you'd otherwise get along with. So again, please comment, it's brain food! I only ask that nobody takes anything personally, and that nobody gets personal. That way, no one gets hurt.

No comments: